Not A Fan
We here at the church are currently exploring a book called
"Not A Fan" by Kyle Idleman
We encourage you to join us and explore the ideas about commitment and Courage.
Click the link here to know more about the book.
Not a Fan
Study Guide for Family Groups
Please answer these questions on a separate sheet of paper this week to bring with you to your Family Group.
1. Name something you are a fan of (sports team, musician, author, etc.). How did you get started as a fan?
2. People have different levels of fanaticism.
A. Have you ever done something outrageous or extreme as a fan?
B. As a child, did your family ever do extreme things as fans?
3. Fans can be extreme but they’re worlds apart from being a follower. This week, we’ll read two verses about what it means to be a follower.
A. Please read Matthew 19:16-30
B. Please read Psalm 40:4-10
4. The rich young man was a fan of Jesus, but the disciples were followers. What were some other differences?
1. Write down any insights, questions, or observations.
2. On Sunday, Dean preached about being ambassadors for Christ. What
does this passage have to say about being an ambassador?
1. Between making sacrifices and speaking out, which comes easier? Please explain.
2. Is there anything you need to change as a result of what you’ve learned this week?