New Faith Stories
Getting Started -
Download PDF here
1. What did you find enlightening, encouraging, or challenging about last Sunday's lesson?
Getting to Know You
1. Kids love stories before bedtime, but do we ever really outgrow them? What are the kinds of stories you like before bed? Movies, tv shows, and books count!
2. As a child, what were the kinds of stories you liked best? For instance: fantasy, sci-fi, westerns, coming-of-age stories, and so on.
Getting Into the Bible
In the lesson this past Sunday, Luke made the point that we all need to have our own faith stories. This week we’ll study some examples of faith stories from the Bible.
1. Please read Genesis 22:1-18
A. Is there anything you find challenging or comforting from this passage?
B. Although faith isn’t mentioned in this passage, this story is included in the “roll call of faith” in Hebrews 11:17-19. In your own words, please explain how Abraham demonstrated faith.
C. Despite being almost sacrificed to his father’s God, Isaac continued in his father’s faith. Can you think of some reasons why?
2. Please read Mark 2:1-12
A. On Sunday, Luke made the point that new faith stories aren’t meant to be the final word but to inspire new beginnings. What new beginnings might this miracle have inspired?
B. Who do you think this miracle was meant for mostly—the paralyzed man, the friends, the teachers of the law, or the crowds? Please explain.
1. How can you apply what you’ve learned this week to experience your own new faith story?
2. If you’re comfortable, please share one of your own faith stories with your Family Group.