Getting to Know You
1. What did you find encouraging, informative, or challenging about Sunday's sermon?
2. Gary shared some funny stories Sunday about being humiliated. You don’t need to share your own! But, on your own path to maturity, what were some of the touchstone moments that helped you to be more humble?
Getting into the Bible
The lesson on Sunday was about showing honor through humility, faith, and wisdom. This week we'll focus on some Bible passages about humility specifically to help us in our understanding.
1. Please read Daniel 4:28-37
A. What insights did you gain by reading this passage?
B. How can you tell from this passage that Nebuchadnezzar was prideful?
C. How can you tell from this passage that Nebuchadnezzar learned humility?
2. Please read Micah 6:6-8
A. What are your thoughts on this passage?
B. Notice that Micah is asking what offering he can bring to atone for his sin.
1. Does this passage say that God does not want offerings ever?
2. What are some reasons that our offerings will not atone for the “sin of [our] souls?”
C. To “walk humbly with your God” is an umbrella statement covering many things. Please list just a few things (e.g. behaviors, devotions, convictions) that are included in walking humbly with God.
1. What is it about this study that resonates most with you?
2. Gary asked the perfect application question: Is God continually humiliating you, yet you resist being humble? Put another way: are there any problem areas in your life that are persistent that would require your humility to overcome? Please share.
3. Do you have any prayer requests? Please share with the group and pray together.