Our Family Story
Getting to Know You
1. What did you find encouraging, informative, or challenging about Sunday’s sermon?
2. If you could pick anyone living or dead to write your life’s story, who would it be and why?
Getting into the Bible
The lesson on Sunday was a family talk about where we’ve been, where we’re at, and where we’re going. This week we’ll study some Bible passages about God’s enduring love for His children.
1. In the sermon, the point was made that plans are great but faith is better. Please read
Deuteronomy 20:14 and note how God calls the people to faith.
A. What insights did you gain by reading this passage?
B. Do you think it’s reasonable for God to say “Don’t be afraid” when the people face armies greater than themselves? Why?
2. Please read Isaiah 46:313
A. What are your thoughts on this passage?
B. Why should we trust God above anyone or anything else?
1. What is your takeaway from this study? That is, what do you want to hold onto to practice in your life? What do you want to carry with you as a conviction in your heart?
2. Do you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding the family talk on Sunday? Please share and discuss with your Family Group.
3. Do you have any prayer requests? Please share with the group and pray together.