Getting to Know You
1. What are your thoughts about Sunday's sermon?
2. Can you think of a time you felt honored? If you're comfortable, please share.
Getting into the Bible
The lesson on Sunday was about showing honor. This week we'll study some Bible passages to learn even more.
1. In the lesson Sunday, Luke made the point that "Those who value the aged value their future." Please keep this in mind as you read 2 Kings 2:23-24.
A. This is an extreme story! But, at times in history, God has gone to extremes to make a point. What do you think was the point here?
B. Notice that the number of youths affected was 42. That means this was a large problem; many youths were dishonoring their elders.
1. How might they have learned this behavior?
2. Is this a problem today?
C. Do you sympathize more with Elisha or the youths? Why?
2. Please read Philippians 2:3-11
A. Luke made the point on Sunday that "Showing honor shouldn't be equal."
1. How did Jesus view equal treatment?
2. What can this passage teach us about honoring one another?
1. How can you apply the things you've learned this week?
2. Is there anyone in your life you ought to show honor to but haven't? Please share.
3. Are there some ways you could help young people honor their elders? How?