Learn from Your Mother
Getting to Know You
1. What did you find encouraging and/or challenging about Sunday’s lesson?
2. Just for fun, what is one chore that, if possible, you’d never have to do again? Why?
Getting into the Bible
This week’s lesson was about learning from your Mother. In our study guide, we’ll read a Bible passage about a mother called “the wife of noble character” that teaches some powerful life lessons.
Please read Proverbs 31:10-31 and look for some life lessons.
1. What are some life lessons that you noticed reading this passage?
2. One life lesson that mothers teach us is that “our greatest joys in this world are the source of our greatest pains.”
a. Is there any evidence that the wife of noble character feels pain? Please share.
b. Is there any evidence that she feels joy? Please share.
3. We can learn from mothers too that “our pains can be turned into joys if we hold onto faith and love.”
a. What evidence is there that the wife of noble character is faithful?
b. What evidence is there that she is loving?
4. Another life lesson from learned from mothers is that, “even in our pains, we are not abandoned.”
a. What evidence is there that the wife of noble character is committed and steadfast towards her family?
b. How does her family feel about her? How might they feel about themselves?
1. Which life lesson(s) from this study would you like to take with you—meaning, which would you like to start putting into practice? Which would you like to hold onto as a firm belief?
2. Are there any pains in your life that make it hard to have faith? To show love? If you’re comfortable, please share.
3. Do you have any prayer requests? Please share with your Family Group and pray together.