THE ULTIMATE QUESTION
2 Corinthians 13:5 2 Peter 1:10-11
1. When asking “what must I do to be saved,” there’s a BIG answer and a SMALL answer.
2. There’s no way to answer without SELF-EXAMINATION.
THE SMALL ANSWER
1. In speaking with the rich man, which commandment did Jesus leave out? YOU SHALL HAVE NO IDOLS.
2. Jesus loves us enough to REVEAL our hearts.
3. Assurance is a deeply PERSONAL matter that is found with the help of FRIENDS.
Luke 14:33 Mark 10:28-30
1. What must every person give up if they want to be a Christian? EVERYTHING
2. What your “everything” is depends on YOU.
THE HELP OF FRIENDS
1 Corinthians 12:12-27 Ecclesiastes 4:12
1. The “Too Common Mistakes” are:
A. EXPECTING too much of people, and
B. ENLISTING the help of too few people
2. Who are two people you can rely on to be good friends?
3. If you aren’t feeling assured, please answer these two questions:
A. How am I responsible for the state I’m in?
B. What exactly do I need from my friends?