Using What God Has Given
Getting to Know You
1. What did you find encouraging, informative, or challenging about Sunday’s sermon?
2. If you could cast someone to play your life’s story on film, who would you choose, and why?
Getting into the Bible
The lesson on Sunday was all about serving people with the gifts God has given us. This week we’ll learn more by reading a few Bible passages.
1. The first point from Mike’s lesson was that our gifts aren’t really ours; they belong to God. Please read 1 Corinthians 1:26-31.
A. Paul’s point is that we aren’t all that gifted on our own! Not many of us, at least!
1. Does your own experience prove Paul’s point? How or how not?
2. Are there any other insights you gained from this passage? Please share!
2. Mike also made the point that must invest what we’ve been given. Please read
A. What are your thoughts on this passage?
B. We have a choice to invest our gifts either in self indulgence, or in serving others. What are the pros and cons of each?
1. What is your takeaway from this study? That is, what do you want to hold onto to practice in your life? What do you want to carry with you as a conviction in your heart?
2. Mike made the point that what we do with our gifts reveals what we think about God. Is there any doubt in your mind that God has gifted you? Are you lacking faith in any way? If you’re comfortable, please share.
3. Do you have any prayer requests? Please share with the group and pray together.